Vision & Mission
“Blessed by the illustrious reign of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, there is no other place like Oman where you are greeted with exciting opportunities just about every day. OMZEST too has the honour and the pleasure of contributing under HM’s glorious leadership to a land of Peace and Plenty” Dr. Omar Zawawi
To those of us who have been Blessed by the Almighty to be part of Oman during the illustrious reign of His Majesty – the saying that ‘Dreams Can Come True’ is a fact for we have witnessed very many of our dreams become a reality.
At OMZEST, we endeavour to:
- Bring alive the grand vision of His Majesty by building on what we have and diversify further to meet the challenges of the new century
- Strive even harder to be worthy of being a responsible corporate citizen of this society.
- Leverage the best that the world has to offer to bring about greater development, empowerment and progress to Oman.
Inspired by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said and led by its visionary Chairman, Dr. Omar Zawawi, OMZEST Group is steadily moving towards strong Omanisation on the one hand and ambitious globalization on the other.
OMZEST’s Pioneering Achievements
OMZEST has played a pioneering role in the all round development of the Sultanate of Oman and has always taken its role to be beyond just business, and this reflects in its impressive list of accomplishments and firsts including the facts that it:
- Built the first school and hospital complexes in Oman at six locations (Nizwa, Sohar, Rustaq, Sur, Buraimi and Samayel).
- Founded the first group to operate the port at Mina Sultan Qaboos.
- Created Oman International Services, the precursor to Oman Aviation Services.
- Planned and built the first colour TV station in Oman and the Gulf.
- Was consultant for the first private cement factory in Oman, Raysut Cement Company.
- founded the first 100% Omani owned bank – Oman International Bank.
- entered into a joint venture with Overseas Trust Bank of Hong Kong and Singapore to form Oman Overseas Trust Bank which is now known as Bank Muscat.
OMZEST’s Other Milestones
- In 2001, OMZEST started the Waljat Colleges of Applied Sciences in association with the Birla Institute of Technology of India.
- Developed Sohar Industrial Port to boost the role of Oman’s seaports in trade and other economic activities.
- Started a major methanol project with MAN Ferrostaal AG of Germany and Methanol Holdings (Trinidad). Oman Methanol Company has become one of the world’s largest methanol producers.
“We are humbled by the opportunity given to us in Oman’s nation building and at the same time, proud of our contribution. It is our sincere prayer that this list continues to grow longer as our dreams, along with the dreams of every Omani, come true.” – Dr. Omar Zawawi